The other day I posted about how not to make lip balm. Today I am posting about a way that works. It actually turned out pretty I think.Here is how:
- First, you cut off the Eos or in my case scoop it out of the lid. Pop the grate off.
- Then, pick out the lip balm flavor you want. I used Despicable Me cotton candy lip smackers. The Eos I used was Blueberry flavored.
- Next, cut off how much of the lip smackers you want. I used about 1/2 a tablespoon. Mine turned lavenderish. You can use less or more depending on how much pigment you want.
- Melt it on a spoon over a candle in 1/2 or 1/3 portions depending on size of spoon or if you want to do layers of different colors. The first time I did this I panicked because the bottom of the spoon turned black. Don’t panic the black washes right off.
- After melting pour into lid of lip balm. If doing layers of colors let set between layers.
- Twist grate back on. Pour remaining lip balm to cover grate.
- Let put in freezer 1 hour or until completely set.
I hope you like this recipe. I made it up myself through trial and error. If someone has a tutorial on this method I didn’t copy from them.