Today is Mothers day. I know this is a little late but I am posting it anyways. I made them in several colors. Here is a tutorial on how to make them.
Things you will need for 1 rose:
8 Hard Jolly Ranchers, in 2-3 colors 1 Skewer or lollipop stick
- Place wrapped Jolly Ranchers in a microwave safe bowl.
- Pour in water until just covered.
- Microwave for 1 minute. While it is microwaving put on food safe disposable gloves.
- Feel candy, if it is squishy then it is ready. If not microwave 30 more seconds or until ready.
- Working fast smash jolly rancher with your fingers. Then unwrap and mold to rose petal shape. Wrap petal tightly around lollipop stick.
- Repeat step 5 with the next 5 jolly ranchers on top of each other like shown.
- Mold the last two like the base petals on a rose.
I hope the directions are clear. Also it took me FOREVER to find hard jolly ranchers. I found them at Walmart.