Sorry I haven’t posted in a while! 😦 I thought summer would be less busy but it seems more busy than winter. Anyways, recently for a picnic themed dinner I made corn on the cob cupcakes. They were pretty cute in my opinion. Here is the recipe:
3 cups Yellow Jellybeans 24 Vanilla Cupcakes
8 Yellow Starbursts 8 Green Jellybeans
Yellow frosting Black and White Sanding Sugar
- Get your cupcakes. You can buy them at a Grocery store and scrape the frosting off. Or you can make your own, my favorite recipe is the one out of the Better Homes and Gardens cookbook.
- Get your frosting. You can buy a can of yellow frosting or make your own. My favorite recipe for frosting is Taste of Homes Cookbooks. You also have to get your Jellybeans. Sometimes I see packages of yellow jellybeans by themselves, but more often than not you are going to have to buy regular jellybeans and sort them out.
- Frost a layer of frosting on the cupcakes. This will help stick the jellybeans.
- Put the jellybeans on like rows of corn as pictured above. Put the green one on the end like the stem on every three cupcakes.
- Plop a Starburst on every third cupcake to look like a pat of butter. Sprinkle sanding sugars on top to look like salt and pepper.
I hope you like these cupcakes!